Monday, August 13, 2012

A Tan and Sandy Silence, or Days 10 - 31

You see what I did there, with the John D. MacDonald reference? Anybody? No? Moving on, then...

Not shown: My indignation that the Wikipedia entry for this book is a mere 3 sentences long.

We've had three quiet weeks here, haven't we? Of course, my life off the blog hasn't been quiet. Notable highlights from the last 21 days include spending a week at the cottage, and helping one of my best friends get married. Well, I say "help", but what I really mean is "show up and not cock up the extremely low expectations she had of me as her bridesmaid." I'd like to think I managed it. She's still talking to me, so that's got to be a good sign, right? Right.

The downside to all this fun is that the house is about as awful now as it was when I started the 50s in the Future project last month. If I want to brightside this development, I could argue that this gives me an opportunity to greater hone my housewifery skills. Huzzah? Then again, I could just as easily argue that this is a festering crap pile of suck and responsibility, which would also be true.

Welcome to Day One: Redux.

No comments:

Post a Comment